Happy (almost) Halloween, everyone!
I don’t need to express how weird of a year this has turned out to be, and I’m sure Halloween will be no exception. Thankfully, I’ve a nifty way for you to score some extra loot to throw into your plastic pumpkin this holiday (and you don’t even have to wipe it down first!)
To celebrate the impending release of The Dark Clad, I’ve decided to run a little giveaway. Simply comment on the official Facebook page’s giveaway post with your favorite fantasy/science fiction series, book, or author (or any combination thereof) and you’re automatically entered in a drawing for a chance to win a $31 Amazon Gift Card!
Why $31, you ask? Because Halloween is on October 31st, of course! Which, go figure, is the day the winner will be drawn as well. I know, so original.
Simply commenting is enough to be entered into the drawing, but while you’re here, why not take a moment to subscribe to the newsletter to keep up-to-date with the latest happenings. Plus, you’ll be automatically notified once The Dark Clad is published—for the first three days of its release (and possibly longer) it will be available to download for free, so don’t miss out on your chance to snag it!
Also, be sure to share the love with your friends and let them know about the giveaway by liking or sharing the Facebook post. You can also share the hashtag #DarkCladHalloween on Twitter (you can find me @CalvaAuthor) to get them there, too. Then again, I completely understand if you prefer to play a trick on them and keep the treat for yourself (I won’t tell—I don’t know them, anyway!)
Take a moment to read up on the official rules, too. You can find them below.
Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to seeing all of your replies in the days to come.
#DarkCladHalloween Giveaway – Official Rules
1. Eligibility: The #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States. Entrants must 18 years of age or older as of their date of entry in this giveaway in order to qualify. This giveaway is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations; this giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
Family, friends, and associates of MichaelCalva.com, or it’s affiliates, are ineligible for this giveaway. They may still comment on the post, however they will not be considered for entry.
2. Sponsor: MichaelCalva.com is the Sponsor of this giveaway, and will conduct the giveaway at their discretion as outlined in the official rules.
3. Agreement: By entering this giveaway, You, the Entrant, agree to abide by the Sponsor’s Official Rules and decisions, which are completely and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By entering the #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway, You represent and warrant that you are eligible to participate based on the eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decision(s) of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this giveaway.
4. Entry Period: This promotion begins on October 7, 2020 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time and ends on October 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the giveaway, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period. Entries will not be accepted after this Entry Period has expired; verification of entries during the Entry Period will be considered based on the timestamp available through Facebook.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter the #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway by submitting a comment on the official giveaway post on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/authorMichaelCalva). As a participant, your entry must fully meet all giveaway requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win the Prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules and/or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Entries are limited to one (1) per person. Additional comments/entries will not be considered. Any comment will qualify for an entry, although a response to one (or more) of the following questions is preferred:
- What is your favorite fantasy/science fiction book or series?
- Who is your favorite fantasy/science fiction author?
- What is your favorite (other genre) book or series?
- Who is your favorite (other genre) author?
No purchase necessary. Additional entries cannot be purchased nor earned by any other means.
6. Prize: One (1) Winner will be drawn. Winner will receive an electronic Amazon Gift Card in the value of $31 (U.S. Dollars). The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others, nor shall the Winner request a cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, profile likeness, entry, comment and content therein, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries/Entrants received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner by Facebook message within five (5) days following the Winner selection. Once contacted, the Winner will provide an email address where they intend to receive the electronic Amazon Gift Card.
The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Facebook or email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email, or otherwise left unanswered. Nor shall the Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not claim the Prize as a result of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the Prize offered in the giveaway by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
If the Winner violates any of these Official Rules, the Winner (at the Sponsor’s sole discretion) will be disqualified, and all privileges as Winner will be immediately terminated.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry into this giveaway, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, profile name, entry, photo, portrait, likeness, image, statements about the giveaway, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information and public relations without any further notice, notice, consent, compensation or remuneration, except where prohibited by law.
Furthermore, entries must be original work and may not violate any existing proprietary or intellectual property rights. Entries that infringe upon the proprietary or intellectual property rights of others will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any claims that arise as a result of such infringement will be the sole responsibility of You, the entrant. You shall defend or settle against such claims at Your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit, claim, or action that results from Your infringement.
10. Terms and Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway.
The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Furthermore, in its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway, to void/disqualify entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries/comments from the same user/profile/name; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the giveaway rules (one); or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this giveaway constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly, from participation in the giveaway and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the giveaway; 5) electronic error or human error in the giveaway administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: This giveaway is governed by the laws of the United States and Pennsylvania, without respect to conflict of law doctrines.
The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this giveaway, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in Pennsylvania having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this giveaway). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winner’s List: The Winner will be publicly declared on the official Facebook page, as well as potentially being viewable on the website and/or on or within other online websites or forums. You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Dark Clad Media
5829-31 Forward Ave #1029
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Requests must be postmarked no later than December 1, 2022.
15. Social Media Rules: This giveaway is in no way hosted or facilitated by Facebook or its affiliates, nor any other company or social media platform. The #DarkCladHalloween Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or its affiliates, nor any other company or social media platform.
16. By entering this giveaway, you hereby agree to its Official Rules. You furthermore affirm that you have reviewed, accepted, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Last Updated: 10/7/2020